Chaitra krishna Ekam 02 march 2018 66th Sanyam Diwas of P.P.Ganini Pramukh Shree Gyanmati Mataji
This Encyclopedia of Jainism is being presented before you as per the need of the present day. You have to be acquainted with the fact that here, we are trying our best to present the data related with Digambar Jain tradition only in such a way that can fulfil the needs of the general masses upto the scholars in the field of Jainism. As we are working under the direct guidance and blessings of the supreme Jain Sadhvi of Digambar Jain Samaj Pujya Ganini Pramukh Aryika-Shiromani Shri Gyanmati Mata ji, the receipient of the double honorary degrees of D. LITT. from two Universities, all the informations & facts presented here, are authentic according to Digambar Jain belief.
I also feel myself dignified in the editing of the primary form of this Encyclopedia because there occurred the first Digambar Jainacharya of the 20th century Charitra-Chakravarti Shri Shantisagar ji Muni Maharaj (year 1872-1955) and his first disciple Charitra – Chudamani Acharya Shri Veersagar ji Maharaj (year 1876-1957), both of whom glorified the Kund –Kund Aamnaya and Saraswati Gachchh in the tradition of Bhagwan Mahaveer. The first female celibate ( since childhood ) Jain Sadhvi (Aryika Mataji) Ganini Pramukh Shri Gyanmati Mata Ji (Born in 1934 & ascetic life since 1952 till date) is the disciple of Acharya Shri Veersagar Ji Maharaj and is supposed to be the image of Saraswati Mata in entire Sadhus & scholars of the present day. Out of a number of disciples of Pujya Ganini Mataji, I feel myself the most fortunate one because from the last 44 years (since 1969), I am getting her auspicious patronage personally along with getting the nectar of Gyan (real Knowledge) from her. We are having the full blessings of Pujya Gyanmati Mata ji for this mega-project of JAIN ENCYCLOPEDIA and that is the main power-house for us.
I was having the idea & sincere wish for developing a Jain Encyclopedia since the last 10-12 years but the dream could be realized in 2012, when one day in Sep.2012, Shravakratna Shri J.C.Jain ( Founder-COER), Hardwar (Uttarakhand) came to Pujya Mataji and urged to her for the making of an Online Jain Encyclopedia, including all the informations & facts of Jain Religion in the fields of Literature, Teerths, Temples, Sadhus-Sadhvis, Jyotish-Vastu-Geography-Astronomy, scholars, institutions and so on at one place so that it may be useful for anybody seeking anything about Jainism.
By listening to the idea of Shri J.C. Jain & his wife Smt. Sunita Jain , we felt a lot of happiness & satisfaction because actually the Jain couple was describing the dream of our hearts in own words.
Later, meetings were organized with different scholars and a number of suggestions were received. However, as per the inspiration of Pujya Ganini Mata Ji and the wish of Shri J.C Jain, I said-“This ‘JAIN ENCYCLOPEDIA’ should be fully based on Digambar Jain tradition and if it is so , I can take up the responsibility of the authenticity of its content”. As I had interest in this project since a decade, I developed keen desire for its execution. Moreover, my Guru-Pujya Ganini Shri Gyanmati Mataji inspired me a lot and so I ultimately accepted the responsibility of the editing of the assembled matter for this purpose as the Chief Editor.
Firstly, Shri J.C. Jain as the Founder Chairman & Smt.Sunita Jain as the Vice - Chairman of Jain Encyclopedia and their trust ‘SHRI ROSHANLAL JAIN TRUST‘ as the provider of all the economic co-operation are privileged for special Blessings.
Again, I inspire all of you also to enrich this Encyclopedia by your co-operation by concentrating on the following points-
1. Send us the CD (on the official address) of the photos & typed description of the temple(s) of your village/town/colony and if there is any ‘Tirth’ near your place, you have to send the matter of that also.The photos should include the full view of Mandirji with Summit( Shikhar), different Vedis, Moolnayak Bhagwan and other idols. You have to provide the numbers of Padmasan, Khargasan, metallic, stone or jewel idols separately also.
All the details provided by you, should be duly signed by the President/Secretary of your Samaj, so that we can publish your matter with the name of the sender.
2. You are requested to send to Encyclopedia office the number of Digambar Jain families and their members of your city/village/town/colony along with the total number of Digambar Jain Temples of Your locality. You have also to send the names of at least 2-3 committee members (President,Secretary,Treasurer) of your samaj with full address and phone nos.
If there is any Yuva sangathan, Mahila sangathan or Charitable institution ( Aushdhalaya-School-College) in your samaj, you also send its name & address.
3. If any special Jain programme is being organized at your place in the auspicious presence of any Digambar Jain Acharya-Muniraj-Aryika Mataji, send its concise news (8-10 lines) with a good photograph. It will be added to the appropriate place in Encyclopedia.
4. If there is any ancient hand- written important Literature in your Mandir or Library, you may send the scanned matter of it to us. Through Jain Encyclopedia, its publicity will be in the whole world.
5. If your city/village is the birthplace of any Digambar Jain Sadhu-Sadhvi, you can also send its brief description with photo.
6. The scholars of Digambar Jain Samaj are requested to send their research Article
(according to Digambar Jain tradition) in any Jain subject to be added to Encyclopedia. You get it typed either in Hindi or in English and send the CD (with the type font, which can be opened) to Encyclopedia office.
7. You can also send your valuable suggestions related with Encyclopedia through E-mail.
8. Before writing or editing anything in this Encyclopedia, you get all the informations by clicking on “Often Asked Questions” on Homepage.
9. The subjects of Hindi & English Encyclopedia are often different. You can work in any stream according to your liking. Same ‘user id’ will work for both the versions but you have to ‘Log in’ that ‘id’ at both places seperately. The Head-office of Encyclopedia is being run by Digambar Jain Trilok Shodh Sansthan, Jambudweep-Hastinapur.
We are having the full guidance & blessings of Pujya Ganini Pramukh Shri Gyanmati Mataji along with the co-operative direction of Jambudweep Peethadheesh-Swasti Shri Karmayogi Ravindrakeerti Swamiji. Sanghasth Aryika Swarnmati ji also always co-operates with me in this project. Yuvaratna Jeevan Prakash Jain is also taking care of all the official arrangements for Encyclopedia work and thus with all these co-operations, I sincerely pray to Lord Jinendra for the success of this mega-project.
JAIN ENCYCLOPEDIA OFFICE
c/o Digambar Jain Trilok Shodh Sansthan
Jambudweep – Hastinapur – 250404